Daily skin care is no longer the exclusive domain of women and girls. Research has shown that women are more drawn to men who take pride in their appearance, including their skin. More and more men are realizing the benefits of daily cleansing and moisturizing.
We know that aloe vera moisturizers have many benefits for the skin and there is no doubt it can be a major part of men’s regular facial care.
Guys, just clean your face and put it on. Nothing simpler.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera for Men
To look your best, it is no longer just a matter of being well dressed and having your hair groomed nicely. To complete the package, you need to make sure your face is looking good as well.
Very often men are exposed to harsh conditions, perhaps in the workplace, that give their skin a real beating. It could be extreme weather, or an environment filled with chemicals and particulates, or even just accumulated time spent in air conditioning. A daily application of a high-quality aloe vera moisturizer may provide the following benefits:
- Moisturizes. Aloe vera moisturizers penetrate deep into the skin to keep the face hydrated. This will help do away with dry and flaky skin.
- Protects the skin. Aloe based moisturizers assist with skin cell regeneration and the prevention of damage. They also have anti-inflammatory properties that can help skin damaged from rashes and razor burn.
- Battles the signs of aging. Because of its excellent hydrating properties, aloe vera moisturizers work to slow down the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. They plump up the good fat cells beneath the skin to smooth out its appearance.
- Absorbs fast, non-greasy. Men can often have oily skin. Nobody likes a moisturizer or lotion that leaves the face feeling even oilier. Aloe vera moisturizers are absorbed rapidly and is non-greasy every time.
- Natural skin appearance. A little dab of an aloe vera moisturizer leaves no signs that you have applied a product – other than, of course, how soft, supple and refreshed your face looks and feels all day.
Tips for Men’s Facial Care
Men’s facial care isn’t only about preventing the signs of aging and looking younger, although these are important.
A good daily skin care regimen includes:
- Wash and rinse your face thoroughly. Mild soaps or cleansers will remove excess oil and help to open the pores. (Men get blocked pores a lot.)
Every few days, use something that contains an exfoliating or gentle “scrubbing” agent. This will remove dead skin cells and open up clogged pores for deeper cleansing.
- Apply an aloe based moisturizer. Aloe vera moisturizers are typically non-oily. Avoid oil based facial moisturizers. These can leave a greasy film on your face and clog your pores.
- Avoid products that contain alcohol. These will dry out the skin instead of moisturizing it.
Important: drink plenty of water and eat properly. These are both major factors in maintaining healthy and glowing skin. At least 8 glasses of pure water every day along with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. Cut down the alcohol and the processed foods as well.
Men, do all these things as part of your daily facial care and watch the changes occur in your skin. Then enjoy the compliments and attention.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Corium 21.