Aloe Vera Cream: The Easy Way to Deal with Peeling Skin
Beach trips and sunbathing are the key ingredients for a great vacation. Unfortunately, there’s also the risk of sunburn and, even worse, the dreaded skin peeling that happens after. If your sunscreen didn’t do its job in protecting your skin, or if you stayed too long under the sun, it’s likely that you’ll have to deal with peeling.
You need to keep a friend by your side to get you through it: an aloe vera based moisturizer.
Aloe Vera Cream Before Your Skin Starts Peeling
When you get a sunburn, you need to deal with it immediately. Have a cool shower or bath, use a cool and wet compress, and then apply aloe vera cream liberally to the burnt area. This should help put out the fire and start to reduce the redness.
Then keep reapplying several times, even once an hour.
Remember, skin peeling usually occurs a few days after the sunburn takes place and it can be most unpleasant. From just a little flaking to blistered skin that peels off in sheets, it’s unattractive, messy and itchy.
Applying aloe vera cream immediately after getting burnt may reduce the amount of peeling that follows or even help prevent it from happening at all. A lot depends on how deep the sunburn is, how intense the UV rays are, your skin type and how soon after being burnt you apply the aloe vera cream.
A good tip is to always bring aloe vera cream when you go on beach trips or out in the sun. It’s better to be prepared with the cream handy, so the chances of peeling will be less.
Aloe Vera: Natural Care for Peeling Skin
OK, so your skin is peeling already. Now what?
- Cleanse it gently – very gently – with a light cleanser (not soap!) and rinse with cool water. This should remove skin debris and unwanted bacteria.
- You can even keep soaking the skin in cool water or apply a cool, wet compress.
- Apply a generous amount of Corium 21 Aloe Vera Cream. Rub some in and let more absorb in. If you really want a soothing sensation, keep the cream in the fridge for a while first.
- Re-apply the cream regularly. Cleansing can be done a few times a day but not too often that it might strip your skin harshly.
- Use no cosmetics or chemical substances on the affected skin. If you do, you’ll add more irritation or maybe block the pores.
- Drink lots of water.
Proper Care to Avoid Peeling Skin
Preventive care is very important for avoiding peeling altogether.
First, apply a sunscreen with at least a 30SPF about half an hour before you go in the sun. Then reapply every two hours or immediately after sweating or getting wet.
All year long, stay moisturized with the cream containing the natural vitamins, antioxidants, emollients and amino acids that your skin cells become thirsty for.
The aloe vera extract is the key natural ingredient. It has been valued and revered for its hydrating and soothing properties for many centuries. It even used to be included in the skin ointments applied to Egyptian Pharaohs before their mummification and burial. Then the plant was given to them as a burial gift. After all, the Egyptians did call aloe vera the “plant of immortality”.