Don’t Pop Blisters! Apply Aloe Vera Cream!
Blisters form as a result of the skin’s natural process to repair and protect itself from further damage.
The bubble of fluid that accumulates under the outer layer of skin also protects the site from infection.
If you can avoid it, you should not pop or burst a blister.
If you do, this will cause the fluid containing your skin cells’ natural antibodies to drain out, leaving your skin defenseless against infection.
What Causes a Blister?
- Friction: A blister forms when the skin is rubbed for a long time in one spot. This can be from manual labor, walking or running. Friction blisters occur most often on the hands or feet.
- Burns: Blisters can appear after burning skin on a hot surface, after being burned by a hot liquid or steam, and even after severe sunburn (the peeling).
- Viruses: Certain viruses like herpes will cause blisters that can be quite painful and unattractive. Cold sores, otherwise known as fever blisters, are caused by the herpes simplex virus and appear on and around the lips. Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, can give rise to blisters anywhere on the body and the condition is particularly painful.
- Allergies: Blisters can arise as a result of a reaction to a substance that comes in contact with the skin.
Aloe vera can enhance the skin’s ability to recover. This is due to the medicinal qualities of the aloe vera itself:
Antibacterial: It has antibacterial properties that will assist the skin in its fight against any infection. 
Astringent: This means that aloe vera can help to draw the skin pores/tissues together and deal with excess secretion of serum that can cause a blister to burst.
Emollient: Aloe vera is comforting for the skin. It helps reduce irritation and the temptation to scratch and burst the blister.
Other Ways Aloe Vera Cream Helps with Blisters
Corium 21 Aloe Skin Cream contains a unique balance of nutrients and vitamins that provide additional natural assistance.
- Moisturizing: The cream helps the skin to retain moisture, which is essential for the blistered area’s recovery process.
- Penetration: The ability of aloe vera to penetrate deep into the skin is well known. The cream carries with it those other special ingredients to provide an extra boost.
- Regeneration: Aloe vera has the ability to assist with skin cell regeneration in postdermabrasion wound healing.